Hard to believe this little one is already 6.
Here's an update on the birthday girl. She:
* is the one we can count on to make a good choice
* usually listen to us
* is so imaginative....I love listening to her and Sofia play
* can be a little bossy from time to time (she is an oldest child, right?!)
* is very quick to report someone doing something bad
* is definitely very motherly to TJ
* so helpful to have around
* loves music. She always wants the radio on - and she wants it loud. She picks up in the lyrics to music after just 1 time listening to a song (which is a little scary).
* loves all things crafty. From coloring to painting to making jewelry....she loves it.
* is VERY indecisive. Must be a genetic thing.
* has such a hard time making a normal face for pictures
On her actual birthday we had cupcakes with some ice cream. She got to open up her gift from us:
Pink Cowgirl Boots. She asked for these months ago. I said, 'No way." Not a necessity and soo expensive. But she really wanted them. So we created a chart full of squares. Each square was worth $.50 and each time she did an extra job (you know...above and beyond the expected work at home) she got to fill in the square. When the chart was full we would get the boots. I figured she'd either work hard if she really wanted them or give up. She spent about 2 months working on the chart and had it about 2/3 full when we came out to Utah for the summer. She did her fair share of mopping the floorboards - it's a pretty good task for her that I hate doing. Win-win! When I saw she was still working on it and wanted them 2 months later I figured we could get them for her for her birthday. She was pretty excited about them.
She had her first birthday party. Ever. She was pretty excited. We invited all the nearby family so there were a bunch of cousins....but didn't take a single picture. I did manage to snap a picture of the cupcakes when we finished decorating.
Let's not look too closely at the frosting job. Luckily Hannah was happy with it!!
It was fun to celebrate with her. It was even fun to plan a little party. But I am glad she knows she's not getting one for at least another 3-4 years. We're kinda mean like that!!