....does a body good, right?
Thursday, July 12, 2012
We've been trying to re-figure the whole nap thing out.
Sofia takes one a day, but it needs to be a fairly long one, and if she wakes up early it needs to be an early nap (too early for Hannah).
Hannah doesn't need to take a nap every day, but some days she does
If I put her down when sofia goes down, then she takes a long nap and doesn't go to bed at night. Or else she wakes Sofia up when she wakes up.
If I don't put her down at all, she gets crabby about 6 pm and make life miserable for all else.
If I put her down partway through Sofia's nap, that sometimes wakes up Sofia and results in a crabby baby and a crabby toddler = crabby mommy!
Posted by the Flammers at 2:34 PM
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
We're moving and we're pretty excited about it.
All of these things might make you wonder why we're actually excited about this. Here are a few reasons why we're so dang excited to move:
* the cops arriving at 2 am to break up domestic violence disputes (at the neighbors, not ours!)
* the parties thrown with loud music and lots of drunk neighbors
* being right next to the Institute and campus. I average about 3 days a week going to the Institute (for meetings, church, activities, etc...) and it's such a nuisance to spend 20-30 minutes for it.
* being able to meet up with James for lunch occasionally because it's within walking distance!
* there will be some other lds friends within walking distance
* there will be a park closer to us
* we can run with James in the mornings around campus
* there's a security guard right on the corner of the street
* we are ready to be done with cockroaches and mice. VERY ready!!
We are really looking forward to it, but there will be a few things we will miss:
The breeze - it's always lots cooler in our apartment than it is outside, and there's almost always a breeze.
The covered parking garage
Posted by the Flammers at 9:25 PM
Posted by the Flammers at 2:24 PM
Saturday, July 7, 2012
James was willing to brave the water with the adventurous Hannah.
While I was happy to stay safe with Sofia playing in the sand
It was so fun to see her. Now, it's our turn to visit her!
Posted by the Flammers at 2:18 PM
Sunday, July 1, 2012
Per her request, we had pancakes for breakfast.
That afternoon we went to the park and the girls played so hard they fell asleep on the ride home:
After dinner we had cake and opened presents.
Posted by the Flammers at 3:24 PM