Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Posted by the Flammers at 9:59 AM
Posted by the Flammers at 3:45 AM
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Posted by the Flammers at 9:48 AM
After dinner we invited a couple of neighbors over for cake and ice cream. She wanted a funfetti cake. I got a really good recipe for the cake from a friend. The only problem is we don’t have a mixer and when the directions call for 6 minutes of whipping at low speed followed by 8 minutes at medium speed for the cake and similar for the frosting….your arms get tired.
One of our friends gave her a dress. She promptly put it on!! We got her a kid camera (thank you ebay and grandma and grandpa for bringing it). She's been taking pictures since!
Posted by the Flammers at 8:08 AM
Monday, June 23, 2014
Posted by the Flammers at 2:49 AM
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
I probably shouldn't post this, but every time I see the picture I crack up laughing.
Posted by the Flammers at 3:43 AM
Sunday, June 15, 2014
When we found out we were coming to Turkey I made James promise me we would visit Istanbul, the Black Sea, and Ephesus. I was beginning to doubt Ephesus was going to happen...but we made it!!
It's one of the 7 churches of Asia Paul lived in and wrote to in the Bible. It was built in the 10th century BC and it's a wonder of the world.
I know it's a tourist trap, but I really wanted to go. Something about walking where Paul lived, taught,etc.... it kind of cool. So we forked out the entrance fee and actually went in (maybe we are getting less cheap?!)
Hannah with the Colosseum behind her.
Sofia posing as a statue.
Both girls fighting....they're getting pretty good at it.
This is how TJ spent most of his time.
We're getting better at Selfies.
Our most recent family photo.
We were all a little tired an ornery from the traveling so it wasn't the BEST experience we could have had, but it was still pretty neat and I'm glad we went.
Posted by the Flammers at 3:39 AM
Thursday, June 12, 2014
After saying goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa Flammer we took a flight further south to Izmir. We had a hotel room right on the beach - a nice, quiet spot of sand almost entirely to ourselves.
James was giving a presentation at a 'nearby' university, so he was busy majority of the time we were there. The kids and I, however, got to spend an entire day in the sand and sun.
I had to document the twinners.
It pained me to pay $5 for sand toys when we already had some at our home, but it was definitely worth it.
Gotta love his faces!
It was a little too chilly for me to get too far in the water, but the girls managed to get more wet than I.
It was a short trip, but nice.
Posted by the Flammers at 6:00 PM
You ever have those blah days when you're tired, ornery, discouraged, irritable, etc....? I was having one of those and was getting more irritated since I have so much I shouldn't be complaining. Anyway, I decided to make a list of the things I was grateful for to make myself feel better. It was therapeutic. And funny. I was thinking of things throughout the day, so my train of thought kind of got interrupted a little.
1. a good night's sleep
2. eternal perspective of the gospel
5. dr's for when we are sick
6. kindness of the Turks
7. snuggles from TJ
8. washing machine - in our apartment
9. our washing machine is not coin operated
10. warm apartment
11. warm radiator that helps our clothes dry faster
12. girls like to play together
13. the girls' imagination
14. no debt!!
15. Hannah regularly sleeps through the night
16. kids that are relatively good eaters
17. toaster oven - i don't think we would have survived without some sort of oven
18. a husband that enjoys being a dad
19. a current job
20. past adventures
21. little moments that make me smile as a mom
23. jogging stroller (only 4 more weeks until we can use it again!!)
25. Turks love kids - therefore they don't usually cringe when we walk onto a plane or restaurant with the 3 of them.
26. only 5 flights of stairs to walk up to get to our apartment
27. TJ's development and growth
29. books to read
30. I can play the 'dumb foreigner' card when Turkish women scold me about parenting (not warm enough, too hot, etc...)
31. friends we have made here
32. electronic pass to get our car through security to get into the housing complex
33. sunshine (in between the snow/rain)
35. spring weather
36. kids sleeping through the night
37. kindness of everyone here
39. good health
40. neighbor that knows Dr's at the hospital
41. western toilet
45. free ebooks from the library
46. morning runs
47. trips to look forward to
48. kids ability to appreciate the squat toilet
49. getting emails from people
Posted by the Flammers at 10:46 AM