Monday, May 4, 2009

Goodbye Grandpa

Last week my Grandpa unexpectedly passed away. It was sad news to hear, but he died peacefully in his sleep. The funeral was held this past weekend where lots of stories were told and a lot of reminiscing took place. It was neat to recognize the great life he lead and the legacy he leaves behind. It helped remind me of the great roots I have and the expectations I have to live up to. It was a good opportunity to reflect upon my life and how I'm doing.
All of my sibblings were able to fly or drive in time to make it to the services. Although the circumstances were a little somber, it was a fun time to spend together. It's been 3 years since I've seen some of them and it's always fun to get together. I'm grateful for the family I have, as quirky as they are!