Monday, January 11, 2010

A Few Projects

So, I think I'm lacking a little in the creativity department. But, I've seen some fun projects from different blogs - between that and my sisters creativity I've been inspired to do a few projects. Here are a few things I've been working on:

Treat jars - They were easy, used scrap material, and baby jars I don't know what to do with. The only problem, is they're pretty useless. However, I'm thinking they'd make good little gifts for visiting teaching - maybe fill them with some valentine's candy for next month? We'll see.



I made a few aprons. I started with a reversible half apron from a pattern I found online. I think it's cute, but I also think half aprons are basically useless for baking. So I made my own reversible full apron pattern. This one's more realistic, but now that I look at it it's kind of boring. I think I'm going to try a different pattern that's more exciting and make one for myself.



I organized my material and I've been trying to get rid of my scraps. Here I made some baby rings...


.
.... and some baby blocks.

They're not hard at all - the rings did take some time, but the blocks were quick and easy.



A "learning to walk belt" for Hannah. I realize it's a little premature, but I had all the stuff on hand and it'll be ready when she needs it.


I also made some basket liners for Hannah's room. These are supposed to be laundry baskets, but we never change her in her room, so they're currently storing toys and books.

I got most of these ideas from my new favorite blog makeitandloveit.blogspot.com I've got a few more projects to finish, then I'm thinking about moving into the world of felt toys for kids... I dunno. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Wow you are ambitious! Sometime I'm going to pull out my sewing machine and become friends with it. Right now we aren't on the best of terms...

Natalie said...

Impressive! Looks like Hannah is giving you a little more free time.