Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sewing

I've been in a sewing mood lately and it's a good thing, too. I figure I need to make sure I really know how to sew before my mom leaves because I always come running to her to fix my mistakes. I decided I would start with a simple dress for Hannah. If I start simple and have success I'll be much more likely to move on to a more difficult pattern. So, here's the SIMPLE dress I made for her. There was no zipper and not even real sleeves. The material was cheap and the easiest thing I could find to work with.


It went pretty smoothly - I did everything on my own. The only problem was when I read the directions wrong and cut the main dress piece in half, so there's a seam down the middle, but oh well. Other than that I was pretty happy with it. Now...I'm thinking something with a zipper for the next project.

3 comments:

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

Very cute. Sometimes I think simple is better. It will be adorable with a little white bow in her hair.

Madison wants to make almost the same dress but with 3 different materials -- one for the sleeves, one for the body and one for the skirt. We saw one at a craft boutique selling for $50. Unfortunately I am going to have to piece together a couple of patterns as I couldn't find any in her size. I hope it works out. :)

Elise said...

That is so cute! Way to go! She will look darling in that!

Natalie said...

Cute, I'd get that pattern from you, except Bailey needs another dress like she needs a hole in her head.