Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Our First Outing

So, today Hannah and I had our first real outing outside the area where we live. We were on a mission to go to JoAnns and Michaels. The closest fabric store is about 13 miles away. It took us about 45 minutes to get there. The Michaels store was on a busy road and all the metered parking was full. There was a parking complex for $5 a day. There's no way I'd pay $5 to shop for an hour, but it was full anyway. So, we bypassed Michaels and headed to JoAnns. We finally made it, but it was a little dissapointing. They don't have the best selection of anything. That's okay, but the downer was that I had looked at the sales ad for California and what they had on sale didn't match the sales ad. So, I didn't end up getting much. I have a feeling, that if it's going to take 45 minutes to get there, we won't be making that outing very often. This is probably a good thing - maybe I'll spend less. :D

1 comments:

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

Definitely some culture shock. Who ever heard of a Michaels without a parking lot?

Could you tell me what school James is going to? When I've remembered to ask the only answer I've got is UC something.

And could you e-mail me your cell phone number. I erased your message and then for some reason your number was no longer on my phone as a missed call. Not sure how it got erased, but it did.