Friday, April 1, 2011

Thailand Sofia

Here's a picture of Sofia's namesake.  She lived across the street from us in Thailand and was such a sweetheart.  Unlike typical Thai's she was so affectionate -  She would run up to us and give us great big hugs. She would often come over to our house to give us flowers she had picked.  On the days I worked at the preschool she would always come and talk to me if I didn't have anyone to play with.  :D  Both James and I loved her so much and knew we wanted to name a daughter after her.  I'm pretty sure our Sofia won't have the same brown skin or hair or eyes, but we hope she has a little bit of her personality.

1 comments:

Linds said...

I love that your kids have namesakes. You don't see it that often anymore but I think it is a great idea and gives them a connection to people who have made an impression in your lives. And Sofia's blessing dress is beautiful, as is she : )