Tuesday, June 19, 2012

3 Months in the Making

I like flowers, but I have no green thumb.  My solution: 
Buy the little cartons of flowers at the store and transplant them into the flower box.  
Water them for a couple of months until they die.
Repeat.

It works great for me.  However, a few months ago I decided to try something new: seeds.  I had spent my entire monthly allowance at Home Depot buying flowers, plants, soil, more pots, all that fun stuff.   Lame, I know, to spend my entire allowance at Home Depot!  Anyway, I was about to checkout, but I had one problem.  I didn't have any flowers to plant in this flower box.  I think I had about $1 left of my allowance and there was a packet of seeds for $1.25.  I decided to ignore the extra $.25 and experiment.

After 2 months and nothing growing in the soil I was pretty sure nothing was ever going to happen.  But, a couple weeks ago little green leaves started shooting up.  Yay!!  At the 3 month mark the first flower was in bloom.  Hooray!!


1 comments:

Steve & Shauna Flammer said...

It looks like it is worth 25 cents.