Friday, May 20, 2016

February Little Things

It doesn't feel like February unless we make heart shaped sugar cookies.  The kids are actually old enough to frost and decorate them without too much help.
 
 
We found out the baby is a boy (much to my utter amazement).  I had decided to let the kids pick out a new outfit for him at the store.  But, trying to get them to agree on an outfit is impossible.  And paying full price for something we don't really need is way too painful.  So we took pictures of them with their choices. 
 
 
The kids had their first dental appointments with our new insurance (thank you to a grown up job with benefits)!!!  They were pretty happy about the pediatric dentist here.  And since I had to pay $0 because they had 0 cavities I was quite happy myself!
 
We spent some time at Imagine.  Sofia and I built this train track.  I was probably more proud than she was - mostly because my train tracks always consist of a large oval.  Every single time.  Lame, I know.  She wanted something more elaborate and it worked out (I'm not particularly handy so this made me proud).
 
A Sunday afternoon stroll with the balloon baby in tow (of course)!!
 
Sofia insisting on pushing TJ.
 
This is what the garage looks like when James is working on a project.  For being extremely meticulous when it comes to building things, the garage is utter chaos.  At least that's what it looks like to me.  Luckily it's usually only this way for short periods of time.
 
Sofia opening a birthday gift from someone at James' office......and trying to conceal a mouth full of some sort of treat.
 
The kiddos posing in the matryoshka doll James made.  Helped make.  He bought and cut the wood.  I'm pretty sure someone else was responsible for painting!
 
 
 
This is what TJ's bed looked like at the end of nap time one day.  He decided he didn't need a nap.  He was so quiet I didn't even realize he was awake for a while.
 
Naturally this is what we do with underwear.
 
Killing time at the temple. 
 
Hannah making her dad proud.  I think she built a box for a doll?!
 
Loosing her first top front tooth.
 
Loosing the other one the very next day......and not having the big ones come in for 3 months!  She's right at home here in Arkansas!!
 
 TJ finally falling asleep....on Hannah's bed.
 
The girls are playing 'doctor.'  Hannah's the Dr and Sofia is having a baby.   They were pretty insistent on having a cord.
 
These 2 can have so much fun together.  It usually involves a lot of mess, but I consider it worthwhile so long as the play time is twice as long as clean up time.
 
This was the clean up time the next day.....we got 2 good days out of the polyfil before I couldn't handle it anymore.
 
Fun at the Botanical Gardens on free Saturday mornings.
 
 
Testing out TJ's bed.
 


0 comments: