Saturday, February 16, 2013

Highlight of the Week

Let me start with explaining my love for organization...in the kitchen.....plastic containers in particular. I HATE when you dish up some leftovers into a container just to discover you have no functioning lid to cover it with.  HATE that.  

So, a year or so ago, my wonderful, thoughtful  husband bought me a set of Rubbermaid containers - you know the kind with red lids where the lids stack together, containers stack together, and to each other.  I'm sure you probably have them or have seen them.  Can I just say....best Christmas present ever.  And I'm not being sarcastic...sincerely I think that was my favorite Christmas present.  Really!

When he gave me them, I got rid of the rest of our containers.  Now every single container I have matches and has a lid that fits.  It's beautiful......
.
....but I have been wanting a few larger containers to store a big batch of cookies, or an entire dish of food if I'm doubling and freezing.  Anyway, it's one of those things I'm always looking at, but can never bring myself to pay $10 or $12 for one piece of plastic....so I've never gotten any bigger ones until this week.


At the grocery store I happened to walk by the clearance section and saw a package of the same Rubbermaid containers on clearance.  It was some Superbowl special that they were clearancing out.  So, for $4.50 I got 2 large containers and 2 smaller ones that fit into the size I already have.  I realize the picture is awful and doesn't really show you the size very well, but that bottom one is big!

I smile every time I see it in the kitchen.  And, I'm already planning on a batch of cookies to fit inside and freeze.  

It's the simple pleasures in life, right?

0 comments: