Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Me



I am tired.  Very tired – we are averaging 1 out of the 3 sleeping through the night with TJ being up for the day somewhere in the 4-5 am range.

I also feel pretty content.  I’m enjoying the quiet life here, yet excited about the future.

Still terrified of driving in Turkey - I have a few routes I feel comfortable with and try to stick to those.

I stick out like a sore thumb (something about the 3 blonde kids, I think), but it doesn’t bother me most of the time.

My Turkish is improving, but I’m frustrated I can’t say more.

I’m sooo glad James enjoys teaching here.

I’ve gotten better at my storytelling for putting kids to bed, but I really look forward to a more 9-5 job where James can be home every night before kids go to sleep.

Life is challenging, but good.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

1 out of 3 nights of okay sleep, and still able to see the good around you. That is amazing. I think I'll always look up to you.

Anonymous said...

Spring will eventually come t o Turkey. Hang in there and maybe some outside actions will encourage them to sleep a little longer.
Gramps