Friday, April 11, 2014

V Day

It’s just a little late, but I was trying to organize our photos and clean off our camera.  I came across these pictures and knew I needed to document that we do have some festivities in our home.  I’m one of those people that always detested Valentine’s Day because I felt like you should show your love every day, not need some commercialized holiday coercing you to buy chocolate/gifts.  I still kind of dislike the commercial aspect and think you should do little things every day, not just February 14, BUT it’s a really fun holiday to have (with kids especially).

Our festivities included baking sugar cookies.  That totally takes me back to my childhood – I think that’s the only time I remember making sugar cookies.  But, it just feels right to make them in February.

We also had a candlelit dinner with heart biscuits on top of the chicken pot pie.  And we ended the day with heart brownies.  We had eaten lots of treats (how do you avoid that when baking and frosting cookies?), so I added some zucchini to the brownies and felt a little better about them.  :D





0 comments: