Sunday, May 17, 2015

Birthday Boy

James turned 38!!

We had some pretty simple birthday celebrations. We surprised James by bringing him lunch at his work.  I hadn't planned on this but when I saw his lunch (a banana, I think) I decided he needed a little more than that. For dinner we picked up a pizza and had a picnic at a nearby park.  We came home for cake and ice cream.


The girls insisted on using these mini oreos to top his cake instead of candles.  In case you can't read it is supposed to be a '38' (it was a little tricky considering they don't really give you that many oreos in those tiny little bags of oreos!!) We managed to find room for a candle in the middle.

He had plenty of help blowing out his candles.  At first the girls blew it out for him.  So, we sang to him again.  That time TJ took care of the candle!!



I feel like the birthday celebrations were a little lame.  I'm not sure if it's because we've had so many celebrations going on (my bday, our 10th anniversary, mothers' day, james bday, etc...) that my creative juices have dried up or if I'm just tired from moving prep, but I am tired.  And I feel like James' got a little gypped.  But, he did get a LOT of streamers.....just wish I'd have gotten a picture with them.

0 comments: