Sunday, June 26, 2011

2 years

I can't believe she's now 2 years old.  Wow!  She is such a fun person with lots of energy and excitement for everything.  That being said, the past few weeks have been challenging ones.  She doesn't seem to need as much sleep as some children.  She's always been that way, but the past month she's been staying awake long after we put her to bed at night and waking up earlier than normal.  I can handle her without the sleep, as long as she's happy, but she has been so whiny and ornery and I don't do well with that.  We're gladly accepting any advice. :D Anyway, we're fighting the sleep battle, and a lingering cold, and we were/have been potty training.  I am happy to report she's mostly trained.  I don't dare jynx myself and say she's totally trained, but mostly.  She wakes up from naps and bedtime dry (at least there is a perk to her not sleeping in!).  She ocassionally has accidents, but mostly when we don't make it to the toilet in time.  We haven't ventured too far from home, but I think we're ready to do more of that without major fear of an accident.  Hooray!!  Aside from her whining, she really is a lot of fun.  She cracks me up every day and for now she actually wants me to play with her.  I realize that will change sooner than later, so I'd better enjoy it for now.  Here are her 2 year stats:

Height: 33" (25%)
Weight: 29 lb 9 oz (75%)

...and here are a few random pictures of her:


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute kiddos!

Tom and Shauna said...

Well, is it "Like Mother like daughter" or "Like father like daughter"? I bet there is a relationship there.

Great photos. We miss all.

Gramps