Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday Girl

I can't believe this little girl turned 1 year old.  How did that come so fast?!  Her birthday was on Friday and we had a fun day.  I meant to take pictures of the day, but that didn't happen.  Here's what we spend the day doing:

* We started off with pancakes and eggs (per Hannah's request).  This was Sofia's first taste of pancakes...and she is a fan.

* The bulk of the morning was spent at the park.  It was a beautiful day.  Warm, but not hot.  I was in shorts and a t-shirt and it felt good to play in the sand.  Hannah shared her toys with other kids and played nicely while Sofia explored in the sand and around the jungle gym.

In honor of her big day we made some cupcakes.  I wanted to experiment with a recipe so we made a rainbow cupcake.  It didn't quite turn out how I had hoped, but Hannah was pretty happy with our results. This was also my first time really frosting cupcakes.  They turned out okay.  Not great (I should have come to you for help Courtney), but once again - Hannah was happy with them.








Being the mean parents that we are, we didn't get her anything for her birthday.  We figure she doesn't care and she doesn't need anything.......fortunately, grandparents saved her from being present-less.  Here's a picture of Hannah enjoying Sofia's new book/cd:

2 comments:

Steve & Shauna Flammer said...

cute pictures with cute cupcakes. She sure is lucky to have such a great mom.

CourtneyFJ said...

Your cupcake looks awesome!!! I couldn't have done better myself. Happy birthday to a sweet girl!