Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolutions

So, I've never been huge into new year's resolutions because I try to do weekly goal setting. I usually do smaller goals more often, but I've decided to make some new goals for the new 2010 year. Here are a few:
* eat 1 serving of fruit and veggies each day. I know that's embarrassing to admit I don't always do because it's so easy, but since having the fruit in Thailand the stuff we get here is so blah. I do pretty well on the veggies, but I need to do better.
*scripture study before Hannah wakes up. Once she's awake I don't get too much out of it. So I'm going to try doing it before I exercise and hopefully I'll still get both done.
*study Thai. I don't care if it's listening to a cd, reading something, or talking with James I need to do something in Thai each week because I'm already forgetting it!
* recognize the hand of the Lord in my life each day. Sometimes I get too caught up in what we don't have or what didn't happen that I take for granted the blessings.
* save $. We talk about going back to visit Thailand, or Germany, or pretty much anywhere else, but it's not going to happen without money. I figure if I only spend half of my monthly allowance and am very careful about getting good deals and using coupons for our groceries I can save the difference. It might take a few years (:D) but eventually it'll add up.

0 comments: