Tuesday, May 25, 2010

No Good At All

I bought a desk at the DI and have been re-finishing it along with our dresser. I've been painting them for what seems like forever. I'm on the 2nd coat of paint, but I have to do it while Hannah naps. It's worked pretty well, the only problem is her naps are short so I only get a tiny bit done. Someone suggested I put Hannah in her walker in the garage while I paint so I can have more time. Since it was a nice day today I decided to give it a try. Here are the problems I encountered:

* I needed more light so I had to open the garage doors. I thought she was barricaded in. But she managed to escape and when flying down the driveway. (Luckily I caught up to her and she was fine)
* She really liked flying down the driveway and kept trying to do so.
* There was a puddle in the garage. I swept it out, but that left some dirty slime.
* Hannah's shoes came off in the dirty slime.
* Her shoes, socks, and feet were all soaking wet and very dirty.
* She managed to stick her hand in the paint.
* After I really barricaded her in she started to cry because she couldn't go down the driveway.

It looks like I'm going to stick with painting during nap time. So, it'll probably be a while until their finished...oh well. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

Tom and Shauna said...

Hannah is learning all the tricks. Just wait until she teaches them to future siblings and cousins.

Dad

Elise said...

Wow! Quite a day! I wish I could see a video of her flying down the driveway. I'm sure the look on her face was priceless! Hope you find a chance to get it done soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh Brit, I know you probably aren't laughing about this little adventure but it sure did make me laugh! I can totally see that happening just like you described. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it!