Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Sweet Mess

We decided to make some sugar cookies the other day.  The girls helped make the dough and frosting, but then it was nap time.  Just as they went to sleep I began rolling out the dough with the intent of baking and frosting majority of the cookies while they were snoozing.  It's amazing how much easier it is without 4 extra helping hands. 
A few minutes into it I heard a knock on the door.  It was maintenance workers asking to use our kitchen to try to unclog the sink below us.  So, I hauled all the cookies and frosting out of the kitchen to the table.  The noise woke Sofia up, who then woke Hannah up.  Needless to say, my plans were thwarted.  I trapped Sofia in the high chair with food and Hannah helped me with rolling out the last of the cookies and the frosting.  Luckily she didn't want to frost herself, she had more fun with the sprinkles.  She did a pretty good job, but we had a mess by the time it was over.  I'm still vacuuming up sprinkles, but at least Hannah seemed to have fun.


I never caught her licking the frosting...but I'm pretty sure she had quite a bit of dough.  Can't say that I blame her.  

It was fun, but I think sugar cookies are a lot of work, and I think I'm done with them for a little while.

2 comments:

Steve & Shauna Flammer said...

yum, they look good and you are making memories and good ones at that.

Emily said...

What a fun post. I too have a love/hate relationship with sugar cookies! They are so yummy, but so much work with little hands that want to help!