Sunday, August 11, 2013

Our Next Big Adventure....

After graduation we moved here hoping James would find a permanent job sometime during the summer.  You know, one of those long-term jobs that actually has benefits and a 401k. Somewhere where we could buy a home and settle down for a while.  
Well, we have decided that is over-rated (I think we might be afraid of commitment) and instead James just accepted a fellowship to spend a year teaching/working in Turkey.  Not the animal...the country located in between Europe and Asia.  :D


I have a few reservations about it (like what to do with 3 kids in a small apartment for 6 months of winter where no one speaks English :D), but for the most part we are excited about it.  I'm realizing each day that 'real life' isn't around the corner...this is it.  And it's okay if it's just one adventure after another.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

How exciting! Congratulations on starting this adventure. Stay safe and I hope you make some good friends there.

Afton LeSueur said...

Well, it isn't in AZ, but at least it is only for a year! Haha, congratulations! I bet you are excited to be moving forward! Also, when I saw the title of your post on my blog, "Our next big adventure..." I said to Glenn, "Oh, I think James must have gotten a job! Or maybe Brittany is pregnant again..." :)