Saturday, April 11, 2015

A Little Sewing

I'm not a seamstress.  It has been a LONG time since I've really sewn.  Like....my sewing machine was packed up for over a year...yeah a LONG time.  BUT, my goal has always been to make the girls Easter dresses.  Not because I want to show off beautifully matching dresses on Easter Sunday (haha....not with my sewing skills), but so that I am capable of doing it.  When the day comes that we can't find anything modest that fits...I'll be able to make it.  That's the theory behind it.  

Anyway...for my first 'real' sewing project in well over a year I started with Easter dresses.  What was I thinking?  It has been so long since I've followed a real pattern.  And to start off with slippery, satiny fabric.  Add that to a very difficult pattern to follow.  Yeah, bad idea.  

After finishing Sofias I got smarter with Hannah.  We went to cotton material.  I'm happy to report that hers is a much better sewing job.






I let them pick out fabric....so they definitely don't match.  Hah!

And I made headbands....hello 70's!!

1 comments:

Steve & Shauna Flammer said...

Very impressive. Admit it, you do know how to sew. They do not look easy to make.