Thursday, April 30, 2009

Living the Dream

James has been telling me for about 2 years that he wants a tractor. For Christmas my dad unknowingly send us a John Deer Christmas ornament. I was happy to tell James that he had received his tractor. Unfortunately that didn't seem to satisfy him. Every time we see one he reminds me that he wants one some day. So, being the ever dutiful wife that I am (:D) I purchased him some John Deer tractor fruit snacks. He can never say I didn't get him a tractor - I gave him lots!

The past month we've been helping my parents with their backyard. By we, I really mean James has been doing all the work and I occasionally lend a hand by grabbing the necessary tools. Anyway, we had several loads of clay that was supposed to be soil dropped off a few days ago. After several hours of manually shovelling, it was determined that we needed something bigger. So, we rented a tractor and James got to spend the afternoon playing on it. I am just grateful the thing didn't tip over on any of the hills, but I think he only managed to increase his desire for a tractor. I don't anticipate that will happen any time soon, or ever. But, he enjoyed it while it lasted.

1 comments:

Chris B said...

James--Come over and play on our Kubota anytime you want. Hope we can see you two sometime soon.