Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Hike

For Memorial Day we thought it would be fun and appropriate to go on a hike. It just seemed like the thing to do. James and I met up with Shelly and Jens at the mouth of Green Canyon. Our intent was to take a trail over to the wind caves. Unfortunately we started on the wrong trail. Oops. The final destination of the trail we were on was Tony's Grove, about 14 miles away. Let's just say we didn't get all the way to Tony's Grove, but we did hike up a ways and found a pretty view. Here it is:



Everyone was patient with my slow pace and frequent stops. I'm sure I slowed us down, but we hiked around 5 or 6 miles and had an enjoyable morning. What a fun thing to do on Memorial Day. Thanks for letting me bum along! Here's our group:

3 comments:

Ilene and Zac Thatcher said...

Congrats on the hike! Anne and I also went on a hike that day. I agree it's an appropriate thing to do, helps you think and remember.

Hermana McKenna Pitts said...

Hard to believe you were in snow while we were sweating away in the heat. Impressive you hiked so far in your "condition". :)

Elise said...

Brit, you look so cute! I know you feel huge, but you look ridiculously cute! The hike pictures look amazing!