Saturday, May 4, 2013

Some Things I've learned

I have been tired and just haven't felt well the past couple of months.  Here are a few things I've learned as a result:

* Sleep is important
* We don't have to have extravagant meals every night.  In fact the kids seem to prefer the simpler ones the most.
* If the floor doesn't get swept at night, it will happen in the morning.
* Those deeper cleaning tasks (the floorboards, behind the furniture, etc...) can wait another month.
* No one will notice except me (and maybe my mom, but she isn't here!)
* It's okay for Hannah to play on the iPad for a few minutes if it means I can take a shower or work on dinner, or maintain sanity!
* It is our memories and relationships with people that matter a lot more than what we get done.
* Hannah can make her own bed when she is motivated.
* James is very adept at making his own lunch if I didn't mange to get to it.
* He is also able/willing to help out around the house when I need it.
* I will never get done as much as I want.
* There will always be something that needs to be done and I will probably never fel like I have tackled everything I want.....and that is okay.
* Did I mention sleep is important?

2 comments:

Meredith said...

loved this post

Steve & Shauna Flammer said...

You are a smart mother and wife!