Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Surviving

Last week was one crazy week.  My sister and her little guy came to visit along with my parents.  We tried to do a few fun things, but spent most of the week packing, cleaning, defending dissertations, graduating, then more packing and cleaning.  What fun!!

We got everything loaded and made the trek here to Utah.  We thought we were traveling pretty light, but it felt like we had a ton of stuff while we were unloading.  2 days later we have most things organized, except the stuff to go into storage....it's still sitting in a messy array on the family room floor.

Amid the chaos of family visiting my phone decided to permanently die.  So, I have been without a phone for about a week.  I really don't use it that much, but last week it was a major inconvenience.  I am happy to report I now have a functioning phone again.  Hooray!!  Now that I have it, I don't feel like I really need it much....haha.  Anyway, if I have not returned calls or texts I'm really sorry - I'm not being rude, I promise I just didn't get them.

Basically, we are surviving.  I still feel unorganized and exhausted (majorly exhausted), but we actually have a decent homemade dinner...and we might have time to make a salad to go with it.  I'd say that means things are looking up!

1 comments:

Steve & Shauna Flammer said...

I am glad that you made it to Cache Valley. Good luck!