Sunday, February 9, 2014

One of THOSE Days

Have you ever had one of those days where you wish you could blink and it would be over...or hide under the covers and go back to bed?  Today was one of those days.

It started with a rough night for the umpteenth night in a row (ok we've only had 3-4 really bad nights in a row, but it has felt like much more than that)!!  For some unknown reason TJ was up for 2-3 hours during the night.  Hannah wasn't feeling well and was up, which is very unusual.  Sofia decided she was ready to start the day at 4:30, even earlier than her normal time.

Because of lack of sleep (for quite some time now), James and I were both a little grumpy and less than patient to start the day.

There have been several dramatic tantrums with Sofia falling to the floor for effect.

TJ has been very fussy and we have no idea why...dare I suggest it's teeth???

We ended church with Primary.  The last words spoken were:
     Hannah:  I do NOT want to get baptized!!!  EVER!!!!
     Sofia:  We don't EVER want to listen to JESUS.
We decided that would be a good stopping point for today.  (As a side note, I'm really proud of myself for not laughing when this happened).

There was much grumbling and complaining when we ate lunch.  This might not be too unexpected, but we ate pizza.

There was some screaming and major tears involved when we tried (unsuccessfully) to get Sofia to take a nap.

I spent a few minutes looking at our finances.  We are generally pretty frugal and thought we would be able to save a fair amount of money with our venture here in Turkey.  But, we are seriously considering buying a car to use while we are here and selling it when we leave.  If we do that, we will be able to have a little more of a life....but we probably won't save much, if any at all.  Bah Humbug!!!

Sofia said, "Why in the He** won't you read to me" when I was busy and wouldn't read a book to her.  That was out of the blue.  I know I have let that slip a few times but wow.  I have taught our 2 year old to swear!  LOVELY!!  How's that for awesome mothering?

It really hasn't been a bad day, we're all just very tired and cranky.  But, that's life.  Tomorrow will be better!!  At least a really hope so.

4 comments:

Bryce and Lacey said...

Im sorry you had a bad day.....but im laughing out loud right now!

Meredith said...

I feel so bad for your lack of sleep and hope that changes really soon. The girl's outbursts, however, are hilarious!

CourtneyFJ said...

I have literally hidden from Parker before when he was having a melt down. Sometimes it's just too much!

Know that you have someone who feels your pain as far as babies being up at night. I hope TJ gets into a good rhythm, and when he does, please share your secret. :)

Anonymous said...

I am sure Grandpa did not have anything to do with Sofia's vocabulary! Enjoy the Med Sea, get warm and drink plenty of Cherry juice.
Gramps