Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hannah

She is such a good girl, but the past month has been HARD.  She just seems to be pushing the limits on everything, fighting with all of us, being mean to TJ, excessive whining, complaining, etc... Nothing totally unusual for a kid on any given day I realize, but she has just been making things difficult on a daily basis.  I'm hoping it's just a phase and not here to last, but who knows?

She was sooooo good for the move here and the first few months.  Perhaps 3 straight months only me, Sofia, and TJ to play with (mostly indoors) has gotten to her?  She needs social interaction in addition to us (understandably so).  So we did some  asking around (by we I mean James did it all) and there is an elementary school on campus near the faculty housing (where we live) with a preschool.  So, we decided to try it out.

She goes 3 days a week for a few hours in the morning.
She doesn't speak Turkish.
They don't speak English.

The verdict:  she mostly enjoys it.  She doesn't need to communicate to play with kids.  I could care less about her actually learning anything since we are still doing 'preschool' activities at home. She gets to interact with other real, live people.  Sofia gets more 1on1 time.  I actually force myself to get ready most days (because they might catch on if I'm wearing my exercise clothes every single day)!

She is still pushing boundaries and can pick some good fights with her little sister (but really, what sibling can't).  But, overall, preschool has been good for her.

I can't believe how big and grown up she has become.   She isn't our baby anymore.  I kind of have mixed emotions about that.

 She really loves to read.  Here she is reading to the siblings...TJ must like it too.


 Hands on her hips....I wonder where she got that pose from?

 She's showing a little too much love to TJ.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah will be so grown up next time we see her. Can't wait to have her stay with us so we can do our best to spoil her some more! That is our job, you know.
But we will take Sofia and TJ too.
Gramps