Here is James opening up his presents on Father's Day. The girls were pretty excited about it - we made coupons for him. Hannah wanted to scratch his back, Sofia thought he'd like a foot scratch, and I went with a back rub.
I had to document our dessert. It's just a chocolate trifle I used to make - and it's a pretty darn easy to make. At least it is in the States. Here - it was a little more labor intensive. It involved:
* making brownies from scratch - which isn't too difficult.
* making sweetened condensed milk - I've never made it before and it wasn't hard, but it was a 2 1/2 hour long process . And our stove couldn't just simmer, so it kept boiling. It was way too runny, but it still tasted good.
* since we can't get cool whip I replaced it with whip cream - but since we have no hand mixer I got to 'whip' it for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes it still wasn't stiff enough, but I was done.
* instant pudding doesn't exist here, so I got to cook a batch of pudding.
* for the snickers (which we can get here much cheaper) I cut them all up in advance...then had a bad day and ate them all....so I got to buy and cut up some more.
After about 4 hours of work, it was finished. When we ate it.....I didn't like it. Way too sweet. Hah! Simple really is best.A