Tuesday, April 20, 2010

D DAY

Today was THE day for deciding what to do with the rest of our lives...ok just for the next 3 years of our lives. And the verdict is....we will be moving to L.A. this August for James to work on a Doctorate of Education at University of Southern California. We have made the decision and there is no turning back. We've faxed in our acceptance and we're looking for housing.

It feels like it has been a long road to make this decision. For a while we thought we might be living in my parents house for the rest of our lives, then we were pretty sure we were moving to Korea, then it was staying in Logan, then we were certain it was going to be Turkey, then came California, then we thought it might be Germany. It has been a roller coaster, but we both feel good about the decision. We're not to excited about the cost of it, but it's a great school with a really good program, so somehow we'll make it work financially. In the meanwhile, we might sell a lung or two. :D

7 comments:

jaci said...

i'm sure it feels good to have a decision made! LA will be exciting! Some of our really good friends are moving to Irvine, so I think we'll be out in CA visiting a lot! the weather will be awesome all year around - no more logan winters for you!!! i'm excited for you guys!

Linds said...

When I first read the title of your post I thought it said B-Day, which was actually a fortunate mistake because then I remembered it is your birthday! So happy birthday!! And congratulations on having a 3 year plan. I'm still working on that myself, but I'm sure it could include a trip to L.A :)

Emily said...

congrats!

Elise said...

Wow! Happy birthday, before I forget! And that's exciting to have it all figured out! Man, that was a lot to choose from! Whew! Good luck with it all!

Ilene and Zac Thatcher said...

Congrats! I'm sure it's a nice feeling to just know what you will be doing and where you will be going. You guys will make it work. I'm glad we got to see you guys while you were here. Zac's family lives near LA so I'm sure we'll see you again! :)Good luck with the move.

Carrie said...

Another adventure for the Flammers! How fun and exciting!

Matt and Emily said...

Cool! That sounds exciting!