Sunday, March 18, 2012

Before and After

Hannah started going cross-eyed while we were at home this Christmas....and then stopped doing it as soon as we got home.  The pediatrition didn't think it was anything to worry about but had us to to an ophthalmologist just to be safe.  The day after her visit to the doctor she started going cross-eyed again.  Go figure! After 2 months to get into the Dr. and a 2 hour long appointment we discovered Hannah is very farsighted, but glasses should correct the lazy eye.

Here's a picture of her before glasses:

and here she is after:
She was really excited about getting them!  I'm happy to report that she does a pretty good job wearing them most of the time...and it has fixed her lazy eye.  Unfortunately for her, she's stuck with bad eyesight for the rest of her life!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

She looks so cute! I had glasses when I was four and had a lazy eye too! I had to wear a patch on one eye and had bifocals. I wore glasses until I was over 20 and now I don't need them anymore. So maybe she's not doomed to have poor eyes her whole life! :)

Steve & Shauna Flammer said...

Such a cute girl. Thanks for blogging for these far away grandparents.