Saturday, March 31, 2012

Confessions

Confession #1 - I actually like doing taxes.  Ok, the process is pretty boring, BUT we've always gotten a refund, so I enjoy figuring out how much it's going to be.  It's kind of like a treasure hunt!  I imagine that the refunds will end some day (at least I kind of hope we have a higher income at some point), but until then I enjoy the end result of taxes.

Confession #2 - Our refund ALWAYS goes straight to savings.  Boring, I know. 

Confession #3 - I have never owned any 'real' knives.  In fact I'm not sure I've ever really used a nice knife. We have some generic WalMart brand of knives that have worked just fine for us for 7 years now.  But, I've never really understood the difference in knives and why people can pay over a thousand dollars for the same number of knives we own that cost us maybe $20.  

Confession #4 - We spent part of our tax refund this year to buy a decent set of knives.  $169 to be exact.

Confession #5 - I LOVE them.  It's amazing.  I almost get excited to go cut up vegetables for dinner!  

Here's a picture of the best $169 I've spent in a long, long time:

1 comments:

Steve & Shauna Flammer said...

They almost look like Cutco which I must say I miss very much. I tried to cut a kiwi the other day and had to change knives. I am happy for you.