Wednesday, March 28, 2012

SAN DIEGO

We have a bucket list of things we'd like to do while living in LA and after a year and a half hadn't done anything.  We figured it was about time.  We went down to San Diego and spent 2 nights and about 1 1/2 days there.  It was nice to get outside LA and I really liked San Diego.  Here are a few of the things we did while we were there:

We became honorary members of the Mormon Batallion. I figured this would be a kind of boring stop along the way, but kind of felt the twinge of obligation to go the the church site...but it was actually really cool and we all enjoyed it.   Hannah and Sofia had lots of fun at the end panning for gold, washing clothes on the washboard, and making bricks.  Ok, Hannah liked making the bricks and Sofia liked knocking them down....but they had fun.  






The weather was amazing and we couldn't pass up an opportunity to go to the beach.  We spent a morning at La Jolla shores and definitely enjoyed it.  There was a playground for the kiddos right off of the beach.  We actually spent more time there than at the water itself, but it was fun.  I could enjoy the morning ritual of going for a run along the beach and letting the girls play.


Can't beat that view!
It's kind of sad to say, but I think the highlight of the trip might have been getting free parking right on the beach.  We were blown away that it was free.  No gimmicks, no joke....free parking on the beach.  I was so amazed I actually took a picture:



Of course we had to take advantage of the hotel's pool.  This was a first for both Hannah and Sofia.  I didn't get a picture of Sofia, but Hannah's expression shows it all.  They both loved the water.  It was a little chilly for me, but I survived and the girls had a blast.  


Before leaving, we spent some time walking around the temple grounds.  It was my first time seeing the temple in person, and it truly is beautiful.  I tried to get some pictures with all (or at least most of us) in them, but neither Hannah and Sofia would cooperate, so I finally gave up.





It was a quick trip to San Diego, but it really is a neat town and it was fun.

2 comments:

Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com

Matt and Emily said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We went to San Diego last fall and the Mormon Battalion was surprisingly a highlight of our trip too!