Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Play Dough

I have never bought play dough before.  I know how messy it can be and Hannah gets enough practice with real bread and cookie dough that I don't feel like she's missing out.  However, I found a package of it in the dollar bins at Target (I love those bins).  So, I figured I could splurge for a dollar and see how Hannah did with it.



No need to even guess.  She loved it.  Still does.  It's been over a week, and she still wants to play with it most every day at some point.  We are down from five to three colors now, but she's still loving it.  She does a good job keeping it on the table and cleaning up after herself.  Sofia has been the difficult one. 


After a few nasty mouthfuls she has decided it doesn't taste very good.  I'm okay with that.  However, she still makes a pretty good mess.  To entertain her, I rolled the dough into balls for her and she spends a good chunk of time moving them from container to container.  You can see a little of the concentration she's using to do it.

Overall....the $1 it cost......well worth it.  I'm not planning on going out and buying tubes of it now...but if we happen to see it in the dollar bins every once in a while I think I just might buy some!

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Abigail and I love to make our own. It lasts a lot longer and is so cheap and fun